Plague doctors were employed in various methods whenever plague set in. The earliest documentation of these individuals being hired go as far back as the mid 500s AD. The plague doctor image that we as a general public are familiar with was not seen until the 1600s. It was then that the “traditional” plague doctor costume was created. The costume consisted of a cloak made of heavy fabric covered in wax to protect the doctor’s body, and a mask to keep out the sick air. The masks had a long cone shaped structure at the nose, to be filled with scents that would protect the doctor from the bad air.
This game is similar to “Hide and Seek Alone/One Man Hide and Seek,” but it’s more dangerous. If “Hide and Seek Alone” is a play to meet ghosts, then “Living Doll” is a play asking the ghost to kill you. People say that the huge difference between the two games is that in the “Living Doll” game, the doll’s face actually change.
If the doll finds you, it smiles.
- 2 mirrors
- A human doll (Japanese human dolls work the best)
- A candlestick
- A piece of your hair
- Salt (about 5 spoonfuls) wrapped in paper
Things to keep in mind:
- You must do it alone. There can’t be anyone else around.
- If the doll finds you, don’t make any sound.
- Don’t spray all the salt on yourself. You need it for later.
- Don’t run away or the doll will chase after you.
- You must end the game before sunrise or the spirit will stay behind.
- After the game, take the doll to a shrine.
- Make the 2 mirrors face each other.
- Place the doll in the middle and light the candle.
- Wait until it’s 12 o’clock midnight.
- While pointing at the doll, say: ”Atarashii karada wo oite okimasu, douzo otsukai kudasai.” (I’m giving you a new body, please forgive me.)
- After that, shout "Asobimasho!" (Let’s play!) 5 times.
- Whether or not you hear a noise that came out of nowhere, don’t worry. It’s simply an indication that your preparations has been done correctly.
- Take the salt with you and say, "Watashi wo sadashite kudasai. mitsuketara inochi wo agemasu."(Please find me. If you do, I’ll give you my life.)
- After that, go to your room or a large room, turn off all the lights, and spray some salt on yourself with your back to the door.
- If you feel like you’re in danger, go hide in a closet.
- While holding the salt, go to the room where the candle is.
- When you’re in front of the candle, say"Anata no makedesu, oshimai." (You lose, it’s over now!) 5 times.
- Then turn off the candle and spray salt on yourself.
- Find the doll and spray salt on it.
- Turn on all the lights and create a happy atmosphere - like playing your favorite song (this is very important!). Do that for at least an hour.
- Make sure you take the doll to a shrine within 3 days after the game.
Of course you may ask! I’ll give a super short explanation. c:
While both birds are associated with fire, both have different features.
The Phoenix is best recognized from Greek mythology as the bird that is reborn from its own ashes, usually regenerating in a fiery display.
The Firebird comes from Slavic mythology and has magnificent glowing plumage. When a feather falls off from this bird, the feather continues to glow and is capable of lighting up a whole room. Folklore often tells the tale of someone going on a grand quest to collect a feather from this creature, either leading to good luck or misfortune.
Phoenix = Reborn from Ashes
Firebird = Magnificent Nightlight
When the old gods return
This art is TERRIFYINGLY BRILLIANT!
These are wonderful~
Always reblog, because these are horrifying.
The tornado. That is all.